Firstly why WOULDN’T you love Dr. Lucy Worsley?! You’d be mad not too! Below we have a rundown of our top Lucy moments. We think that there should be more Ladies like her writing and broadcasting, and here’s why…
5. Whilst filming one of her fantastic series, she showed her dedication to the cause, history that is, by not washing for a whole week. She went all Tudor on us, only washing her hands, face, and feet, changing a linen under-shirt daily instead. Snaps for Lucy! She even filmed the whole thing.
4. There are too many fantastic “Lucy Dresses Up” moments to pick an overall winner. We were particularly fond of the time she dressed as a flapper and danced with Len off of Strictly, but we thoroughly enjoyed her Tales from the Royal Wardrobe series, and got serious style envy for Queen Elizabeth I.
3. We love it when she says naughty words. Love it. Be they swear-words or just explicitly anatomical, we are big fans of the brazen and occasionally hilarious manner in which they are delivered.
2. Dr. Worsley did the unthinkable this week, she challenged Golf!!! The patriarchy must have been mightily peeved when she suggested that the Women’s Institute was more important than a men’s- only Golf Tournament.
1. When she put down David Starkey. That’s right David “Britain’s Most Eminent Tudor Historian” Starkey, when explaining to him calmly and politely how something worked in their fab Britain’s Tudor Treasure: A Night at Hampton Court Palace documentary. Watch it in all its glory here!
All hail the goddess that is Dr. Lucy Worsley!
The History Girls